What is car key programming?
Remote car keys, or electric fobs that contain microchips, are used to unlock most new cars. Using clever technology, your car keys can communicate with the computer system of your vehicle, locking and unlocking its doors instantly. Whenever you are within a specific range, the electric key fob will detect your car and grant access.
You will need a new car key if the chip inside your key is damaged or lost. Besides, you can hire a reliable car key programming service to solve the problem. A professional will program a new, blank microchip into your vehicle’s system so you can lock and unlock your doors again. Want to know when you should consider car key programming services?
Top warning signs that your car key needs reprogramming
Lost or stolen keys are the most obvious signs that you need to have a new one programmed. In the case of broken or damaged keys, there are a couple of warning signs that suggest reprogramming is necessary:
- Your car keys are no longer unlocking.
- Car keys that are only working within a very short range of the vehicle.
- A temperamental key that sometimes fails to unlock your car.
- Without pressing a dedicated button, your vehicle can be locked and unlocked.
Common problems that require car key programming
There are two reasons you might need a car key programming service:
- A lost or stolen key fob. You should get a new set of electronic keys programmed to your car if you have lost or had your car keys stolen. Besides giving you access to your vehicle, it also prevents the old keys from working, which is important in case they fall into the wrong hands.
- A broken car key. Your electronic car key may not work because of a damaged transponder chip. If this is the case, you will need to replace the microchip in your key with a blank one. It can then be programmed into the computer system of your car by a professional.
Are you searching for California locksmith services and car key programming?
The process of programming car keys involves reprogramming a blank chip on a new key to suit the current vehicle settings. A replacement key can be ordered through your car company, but that could take some time. Professional car locksmiths are the best option if you want instant results. Lucky Lock Locksmith provides comprehensive and affordable car key reprogramming services in California.
Our reprogramming and locksmithing services guarantee that each reprogramming is customized to your car’s make and model and that it adheres to all of its manufacturer’s specifications. Lucky Lock Locksmith has access to official car manufacturer’s and dealership pin codes and is trained in the latest locksmithing techniques.